The NICN emphasizes educational programs. Throughout the past 37 years, education has taken three forms :
- Education Conferences at sites throughout the state, including: Omaha, Lincoln, Kearney, GrandIsland, Norfolk, North Platte, Scottsbluff, Columbus, Nebraska City, and Ogallala. Over 6000 participants have attended the conferences with outstanding evaluations.
- Two-day Primary Infection Prevention Course - This course is held twice a year in Omaha, for nursing home and small hospital infection controlprofessionals. In the more than 30 years these courses have been provided, over4000 trainees have attended.
- Intermediate Infection Prevention Course - This course was offered for the first time in the summer of 2016.
Education Conference Programs have been sponsored at sites throughout the state including Omaha, Lincoln, Kearney, GrandIsland, Norfolk, North Platte, Scottsbluff, Columbus, and Ogalalla.
Over 5000 participants have attended the conferences with outstanding evaluations.
The target audience consists of
- Public health officials
- Physician assistants
- Nurses and nurse practitioners
- Infection Preventionists
- Law enforcement and first responders, and
- Mental health providers,
For more information please contact Kate Tyner, Program Director, NICN, at email
Infection Control Prevention Courses
Primary Infection Control Prevention Course - Now two tracks available
Location: Kearney, Nebraska
Dates: October 18, 2023 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and October 19, 2023 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Networking event at the conclusion of Day 1, October 18, 2023 Join other program attendees and NICN faculty and board members.
Scholarship Form |
Flier and Registration information